Ohio’s Hospice of Central Ohio, an affiliate of Ohio’s Hospice, is celebrating National Volunteer Week, April 18-24.…
During National Hospice and Palliative Care Month, we take a moment to reflect on Celebrating Life’s Stories® throughout the year. As the seasons change, there are many ways we can celebrate life’s stories with loved ones.
The changing seasons are part of what makes life exciting, especially in Ohio. With each new season, there are different activities to celebrate with our loved ones. We encourage you to celebrate life’s stories with your loved ones throughout the year.
- Go on a hayride or pick out the perfect pumpkin. Getting outdoors and enjoying the fall weather on a hayride can be a fun way to spend a fall afternoon. See the fall colors and find the perfect pumpkin with your friends and loved ones.
- Enjoy a cup of hot apple cider. Apples and apple cider are fresh in autumn. Find some local cider and take in the tastes of the season.
- Decorate your home with your favorite decorations. Winter decorations give the opportunity to celebrate the holidays and season inside your home. Talk about the pieces as you put them up and remember the traditions or memories of them.
- Play holiday music.Music quickly connects us to memories and loved ones, especially during the holiday seasons. Winter tunes can bring joy through the season.
- Plant a garden. Spring is the perfect time to start growing something new. Plant a new flower or stick with your favorite vegetable, and watch it bloom through the months.
- Take a walk outside. Shake off the winter blues and get outside. Even a short walk down your street will get you moving and feeling good after the winter.
- Have a picnic. Invite your friends or loved ones for a picnic. Make your favorite summer foods and eat outside in the sunshine.
- Eat an ice cream cone. The traditional summer food can bring back memories of your childhood eating ice cream cones with friends and soaking in the sun.