Hospice of Central Ohio: Building Trust and Providing Comfort Since 1982
Hospice of Central Ohio was established in 1982 through volunteer effort.
As we grew over the years, paid staff positions were added to allow us to expand our services and better meet the needs of the people in our care.
Volunteer staff members continue to provide compassionate support to our patients and families, serving as companions, office support and special project staff, and myriad other roles that are essential to the fulfillment of our mission.
Across all lines of service, volunteers and employees work together to ensure that we are giving the best possible care to the people we serve every day.
Won’t you consider becoming part of the Hospice of Central Ohio team?
Here are some of the opportunities awaiting you!
Assisting members of our community as they grieve and cope with their losses
• Bereavement Administrative Support
• Kids’ Grief Camp
Direct Patient/Family Support
Providing companionship, caregiver relief and support to patients and their families
• American Pride Veteran Support
• Animal-Assisted Therapy (certification and insurance required)
• Caring Presence Vigil Companion
• Patient Companion
• Music & Memory Companion
• Inpatient Unit at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center—Columbus
• Selma Markowitz Inpatient Care Center—Newark
Indirect Patient/Family Support
Assisting with administrative tasks, development support, special projects
• Administrative/Office Support
• Community Engagement Team
• Development/Fundraising Support
• Handmade Items
• Patient Celebrations Team
• Scented Comforts
• Stockroom Assistant
Because our patients’ and families’ needs are unique and evolving, we often create new volunteer opportunities to help meet those needs. Please check in periodically with Volunteer Services to see what else is available!