The Quality Choice for Care
When selecting a hospice for you or your family member, your choice should be based on reputation and quality standards. An innovator in palliative and hospice care, Ohio’s Hospice of Central Ohio has made recent advances to enhance patient and family care including up-to-date technology, children’s bereavement, pain management and crisis care.
Our Services Include:
- Hospice care provided by specially trained nurses.
- A focus on the entire family.
- Expertise in pain management and symptom control.
- Patient admissions within four hours of referral or sooner if requested.
- Referrals accepted 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Crisis Care including in-home pain and symptom management wherever the patient calls home.
- Medical social work services.
- Personal care and regular visits by hospice aides.
- Spiritual support by inter-faith chaplains.
- Bereavement support for families and the community.
- A team of physicians who make home visits as needed.
- Companion support from qualified and trained volunteer staff.
As one of the first Medicare-certified hospices in central Ohio and a non-profit, community-based organization, we are committed to providing care regardless of a patient’s financial circumstance. Our hospice services are covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and most private insurances.
Hospice in the Home
A survey by the National Hospice Foundation found that Americans listed among their top 10 concerns (for a family member with a diagnosis of less than six months to live) “The patient’s ability to be cared for and die in his/her own home or a family member’s home.”
Ohio’s Hospice of Central Ohio strives to care for patients in the setting of their choice. Hospice care support often can assist families and caregivers to keep patients at home.
Hospice in a Home-like Setting
Ohio’s Hospice of Central Ohio partners with all area nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
Hospice considers the nursing home staff to be a part of the patient’s family and, when appropriate, includes the staff in the circle of its care and concern.
Hospice does not replace nursing home care, but rather complements it by providing the same palliative services that our home patients receive.
Inpatient Care Center
Dedicated in 1997 and named for the founder of Ohio’s Hospice of Central Ohio, the Selma Markowitz Inpatient Care Center is located on the sixth floor of Licking Memorial Hospital. It is owned and operated by Ohio’s Hospice of Central Ohio. The newly refreshed 7 bed care center is designed for patients needing symptom management and provides:
- 24-hour care by trained hospice professional staff
- Private rooms that encourage visitation
- Accommodation for family overnight stays
- Whirlpool bath with lift
- Family kitchen
- Family living room
- Children’s play area
- Quiet, home-like atmosphere
There are times when caregivers require relief from the duties and responsibilities of providing care for the patient. Ohio’s Hospice of Central Ohio offers patients and families the option of respite care through our community partnerships.
Whether a patient is facing a life-limiting illness and isn’t ready for hospice, or is still seeking curative treatment, Pure Healthcare may be able to help and provide relief.
Click HERE or call 833.600.7873 for more information on Pure Healthcare.